Saturday, July 08, 2006

Transition

I have been feeling really unsettled this week. I spoke to a friend who mentioned that she was also feeling the same, and have just logged into one of my yahoo groups to find a string of posts on this discussion. My friend thinks that it must be the phase of the moon and also possibly the cold winter days, causing us all to be more inward looking and unsettled.

For me this has been going on for more than just the current moon cycle. I just feel bored and lost. I feel like i need a new project, but then i realise that this wont really solve my problems.

Im not sure if it is just the waiting... waiting to go off to Asia... waiting for David to find a new job... waiting to see if our car is going to up and die (its on its last legs and each week we hope it will chug along for a little longer).... waiting to find out if the corporate take-over goes ahead at my work and the Adelaide office (where i work!) is closed down.... and waiting to see what each week brings for me as a parent, what new frustrations and challenges the boys will throw at me.

Writing all this here has made be realise what a stressful spot we are in at the moment. My usual response to stress is to up and move. Move away to find a better job... post pone our holiday and buy a new car instead.... sell up our house, buy a bus and travel Australia so we connect as a family again.

While all of that might sound fun, I assume this time is just a transition and all the waiting will come to an end with something new and wonderful - eventually, but for now the uncertainty is driving me mad and I am inclined to take charge of the situation with some radical new venture that will put an end to the discomfort.... dispite the fact that such action has not always been useful to me in the past.....

So for now we wait... and write in this blog

1 comment:

Beverley Paine said...

Stephanie, it's definitely the waiting that's unsettling. Going overseas is a BIG trip. There's bound to be some anxiety which is usually swamped by the excitement of getting ready, but once you're prepared there's nothing to fill the waiting spaces.

Don't forget that as the year turns and sunny days promise spring there is a 'waiting for spring' that happens too. I always find myself disturbed at this time of year and prone to anxiety and depression. It's like the last month of pregnancy...

I'm also disturbed by the war on Lebanon - it's like the whole world is holding it's breath, waiting to see where this conflict is headed, if it will escalate.

hugs
Beverley